Question

Guest user with Azure AD Orch in the Workflow

• 3 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello Team,

I am a new user of Freshservice and I would like to know if there is a possibility to create a "Guest user" with the Azure AD Orch solution from a workflow ?

I would like to request a dedicated service for the creation of Guest users in my company.

Thank you in advance for your help.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Mimoune06,

Greetings from Freshservice!

The Azure Orchestration app currently doesn’t support the creation of guest users accounts. Creating guest user accounts is different from creating a normal user. An invitation email is triggered to the specified guest user and the orchestration app doesn’t support the Invitation API yet. We’ll forward your feedback to the product team so they can pick this up for our future deployments. Please write to us at support@freshservice.com with your Freshservice account URL so we can raise an enhancement request on your behalf.

Best Regards,
Sanofar
Team Freshservice

Hey Sanofar,

Any updates on this? I am trying to do the same but seems like invite options is still not available. Does freshservice provide a workaround?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @khalidosmani,

We don’t have an update on the Azure Orch app enhancement request yet. However I do have a workaround for you. It seems Azure supports addition of guest users via PowerShell and we have a PowerShell Orchestration app that you can integrate & automate with Freshservice. 

Quickstart: Add a guest user with PowerShell
Installation Guide : Powershell with Freshservice

I hope this is helpful 😀

Thanks for the update. I did check the Powershell Orch but it seems like we need a server/windows device to run this and we are mac shop.