Question

Hierarchical Approval for Ticket Approvals or escalation

• 6 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Need to create work flow based on the Hierarchical Approval or escalations

When Requestor create a Service Request and approval goes to 1st level if not approved send email or assign approval to 2nd level and if not 3rd level with respective timeframe.

1st Level - Reporting Manager

2st Level - Reporting Manager’s Manager

3rd  Level - Department Head  (probably Manager’s Manger again)

Kindly do let me know how can i achieve this using the available user data (Synced with AD)

Same way for TIcket if not responded or not resolved in x days alert will go to 1st, 2nd and 3rd level

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I’ve not seen this ability for service requests. Here is how I do my service request approvals. This workflow is for users to request software for known saas applications controlled by a security group.

In a service request I submit to the requested users manager and department head as first approval. These are brought in through AD (managers) or configured in FreshService (Department heads). If denied send notice to user and close request. If no one approves, FreshService automatically sends reminders to those that are supposed to approve. No workflow configuration needed by you.  However the service request is stuck until those identified approvers take action.

If approved then it goes to the next level for business approval, typically I have 2 users per business service to approve that.  If denied send notice to user and close request. Each saas application is listed in a custom table that includes two approvers for that application plus the Azure group name and group objectID.

Once the request is approved we validate which service request is requested and take additional steps. If you are approved, we add you to the security group automatically.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello, 

You could maybe do it this way 

Badge +1

Thank you so much Daniel, this would be helpful to test this out..as I am vacation couldn't respond earlier. Will let you know soon

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you so much Daniel, this would be helpful to test this out..as I am vacation couldn't respond earlier. Will let you know soon

It’s just a example you need to expand but the idea as to trigger the WFA when the first approval is sent and let it wait X time then check status, if it’s not approved send out a new one.

There is a option in the Approval template that the system can send out reminders.