Question

How to better direct users to Freshservice Annoucements

• 20 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

What are people’s techniques to better direct/indicate announcements to users/requesters to try and reduce tickets being created. (without ticking the ‘send via email’ option :))

We add known issues as announcements, but the default banner on the portal homepage is not obvious enough, and only shows the latest announcement (and users aren’t going to click ‘Show all’.) We have changed the banner to RED to try and stand out, but we have a LOT of mobile only users, and the announcements in the mobile app are a hidden function that no user in their right-mind are going to go there each time to check if a known issue. 

Interested to see what other people do

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Martin,

I spoken with FreshService about this yesterday… I Iterated that having an area on the front page for “Known Issue” would be a great benefit to the product. 

In the mean time they mentioned announcements, but i too said this is not great Customer Experience. 

The final work around was advised that creating a solution article with a list of them all on then customising the portal with a button straight to that solution article.

Its not a bad idea, but this will involve you manually adding the known issues every time to that solution article and taking them off too. Also it will involve customisation of the portal which could be different for every customer. 

@suvashini.balashanmugam @Jack Day @Rene.l.e 

Please see another example of customers requiring a way of showing Known issues better to requesters...

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks @afautley . Yeah I don’t like ‘workarounds’ for something like this. Needs to be a native solution. 

Hopefully they’ll come up with something