Question

How to get close date and send email if ticket is reply

• 16 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi everyone,

We have some users that still continue to reopen old tickets (3 months old sometimes….)
I want to automatically close tickets that have been reopen and send an email to the user to create a new ticket.

All tickets closed for more than 1 month cannot be reopen.
Is it possible to do that inside freshservice or we need API+workflow and lot more things to achieve this?

For now, I split the reply to a new ticket manually when this occured, but if closing date is not possible, maybe close the ticket and split this new reply to a new ticket automatically?

Thank you so much for your help, 

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I just test something and I am not able to test it to see if it works but here is my workflow:

Status changed from closed to answered
VVV

Expression builder: now("America/Toronto")

VVV

Another expression builder: diffInWeeks("{{ticket.created_at_iso}}","{{current_date_and_time}}")

VVV

Condition: result from previous expression is greather than 4

So it should close the ticket older than 1 month when user reply and send a ticket to the requester.

If anyone is able to analyse this and test on their end, it could be really nice :)

thank you everyone

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@maxlehot1234  We had a similar issue so we created workflows that automatically reclose a ticket if a user attempts to reopen it (typically by email).  The workflow will send the user an email that says something like “it appears you are attempting to reopen a ticket that is closed.  Based on our policy, you will need to open a new one by visiting our portal or calling the Help Desk.  Please reference [original ticket #]”

We also tag these replies in case they are legit re-opens maybe two days after they go into closed status.  The Help Desk reviews these daily and will reopen those that fall within a certain period of time.  This has prevented someone from reopening a very old ticket. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We have a business rule that changes tickets from a resolved status to a closed status after 48 calendar hours and then checks a box that we created called “permanently closed” after 14 calendar days.  If a staff member sends in an email pertaining to that ticket, the workflow checks the ticket for the status of “closed” and the checkbox “permanently closed” and if so, it sends a response to the requester stating that the ticket is permanently closed and to submit a new ticket.  If it is prior to 14 days, the ticket is reopened.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

We have a business rule that changes tickets from a resolved status to a closed status after 48 calendar hours and then checks a box that we created called “permanently closed” after 14 calendar days.  If a staff member sends in an email pertaining to that ticket, the workflow checks the ticket for the status of “closed” and the checkbox “permanently closed” and if so, it sends a response to the requester stating that the ticket is permanently closed and to submit a new ticket.  If it is prior to 14 days, the ticket is reopened.  

Another way would be working with different status, Resolved and Closed. 

The agent resolves the ticket and after x hours/days the supervisor change the status to closed. 
The WFA have the condition on status.