Question

How to make Employee Onboarding fields conditional mandatory in Freshservice

• 15 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Is there  way to make an onboarding field conditional mandatory. For example, if field 1 has a particular value, then only field 2 is mandatory. This is possible for ticket form fields and service items by using Business Rules but Business Rules are not available for Onboarding form fields.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @bhota it would be so awesome if we could use business rules for forms with the onboarding form. I hope they bring that functionality soon. 

Have you looked at being able to use Dynamic sections for Drop Down fields? If the field is mandatory then based on the top level selection the second level would also be mandatory. Also I know you can add conditions for agents and requesters when referencing data sourced drop down fields. So maybe generating a custom object and breaking it down that way might work in the interim?

Just a thought. Take care.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello @bhota it would be so awesome if we could use business rules for forms with the onboarding form. I hope they bring that functionality soon. 

Have you looked at being able to use Dynamic sections for Drop Down fields? If the field is mandatory then based on the top level selection the second level would also be mandatory. Also I know you can add conditions for agents and requesters when referencing data sourced drop down fields. So maybe generating a custom object and breaking it down that way might work in the interim?

Just a thought. Take care.

Thank you @zachary.king . I will try.