Solved

How to set due date for Problems in Freshservice

• 23 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
  1. How is the due date for problems set? I could not find out any configuration for it.
  2. Is due date in case of problems for resolution or closure?
  3. If I want to set the due date for the problem as creation date + 10 considering business hours, how can I do it?

My requirement is that I have to enforce SLA for problem ticket so that the RCA is done within 10 business days.

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 23 August 2022, 17:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thank you @zachary.king for the response. I think SLA is not applicable for problems but only for Tickets (Incidents and Problems). Correct me if I am wrong.

Due date for Tickets would be based on SLA but how due date for problem is calculated without any SLA?

I can explore using expression in workflows to set the due date as you said.

If you are referring to the SLA component of Freshservice then yes it appears to only work with Incidents and Service Requests. But the idea behind SLAs would be applicable for Problems, such as you mentioned to generate a time crucial RCA. But unfortunately I don’t think Freshservice enforces this within an SLA policy built in the SLA module of freshservice. Seems like it would be easy to add sense the “Due By” field is represented in the Problem Record properties screen. That “Due By” date is simply a match of what you have entered into the “Due Date” form field. But using workflow you could automate a similar SLA escalation scenario for problem records. Just might be a bit tedious to get working. Tagging @sanofar.allahpichai to see if we are missing anything regarding SLAs and Problem Management. Sorry for the confusion :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thank you @zachary.king for the response. I think SLA is not applicable for problems but only for Tickets (Incidents and Problems). Correct me if I am wrong.

Due date for Tickets would be based on SLA but how due date for problem is calculated without any SLA?

I can explore using expression in workflows to set the due date as you said.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @bhota it is my understanding that the due date is used in the exact fashion you are mentioning. A way to establish an SLA policy for RCA. You can leverage that field in any way you deem necessary but if you wanted to set it dynamically after problem record creation you could look to workflow to make that happen by utilizing the expression node and taking the placeholder that holds the date and adds 10 days to it, then updates the field with that value.

Hope that helps! Take care.