Question

How to show more than 4 status in ticket properties?

Userlevel 3
Badge

We have created several custom statuses, while they are available when updating a ticket via the “Send up arrow” in order to change the status as well as present when looking at a list view of tickets.

When addressing an open ticket and looking at the properties pane on the right-hand side, only 4 statuses are shown. It does not appear we have the ability to change what statuses are listing within the properties field.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @ITservicedesk, could you add a screenshot of that issue here? I am not able to replicate it in my instance.

I created a “New Status” through form fields. And can access it anywhere I can access status, including here in the ticket properties

If this is not the same experience you are having, then I would reach out to support@freshservice.com and have the support staff check you freshservice instance. Hope you can get this resolved quickly! Take care :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I will add that you are correct in that you don’t have the ability to just select what statuses you want to be visible through “Form Fields”. The default status are not editable and are always visible, however you can use “Business Rules for Forms” and the “Remove Options” action to hide statuses from Agent view. Maybe that would help your use case 😊

Userlevel 3
Badge

Zachary, 

Thank you for the quick reply, I actually had to create a business rule with the reverse in order to see the custom statuses we created.  The following was our experience in the properties pane prior to the business rule.

Statues available in properties without business rule enable on ticket details

Statues available when updated in list view without business rule enabled

I then created the following business rule to set the options for status of all custom statues in order to make them visible in within the ticket properties.

With the above business rule enabled the properties pane in the ticket is now allowing us to choose all available statues 

Statues available in properties with business rule enable on ticket details

If I understand your comment above, the business rule that was created should not be required, however adding the business rule to show them appears to make them visible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ITservicedesk, from my experience you shouldn’t need to set status visible through business rules. For us its been, create a new status and its available for selection from the ticket properties. Is it possible another business rule is overriding this behavior? Still might be worth having support look at.

But glad you at least found a workaround! Take care.