Question

How to update the "requested for" field when a onboarding request is made

• 18 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi all!

Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. When HR submits a onboarding request via the onboarding module and not the service catalog the requested for field is set to the HR requestor and not the new employee they are requesting for. Any way to make this change to the new employee? Causes a lot of time issues since we have to update each ticket so we can assign assets to them. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @KrisC you could build a workflow automator that runs on the tickets and updates the requester of the tickets to the new employee but this would then remove the HR department from being able to view the ticket in the support portal.

You might look at leaving the parent ticket assigned to the HR requester but running the workflow on the associated child tickets to update to the new employee requester.

Hope that helps.

I have been unable to find a way with the workflow automator to update the Requester field for a service request.  Can you please explain how you are completing this for an associated child ticket?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I have been unable to find a way with the workflow automator to update the Requester field for a service request.  Can you please explain how you are completing this for an associated child ticket?

Hey Mike, my apologies. I did a little deeper dive into this and when you change the Action Node to be performed on “Associated Child Tickets” the action of Trigger Webhook is not available. So what you would need to do is isolate the workflow to run on the child ticket using a conditional (maybe the “Requested Service Item”?) and then trigger the webhook for that ticket, using the freshservice API, and update the requester value of the ticket.

Hope that helps clarify some things.