Solved

Importing Data From Parent Ticket

  • 15 June 2022
  • 7 replies
  • 99 views

Userlevel 1
Badge

I was wondering if it was possible to create an automation that reads data from entry fields in the parent ticket such as Employee Name or Contact Number, and puts it as a note in the child ticket. Any help is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 15 June 2022, 16:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello @Holden, yes this is possible using the Workflow Automator. You will need to use the Web Request Node, the JSON Parser node so you can reference the fields you want, and then the action node to add the note using Placeholders from the JSON Parser node adding the Employee or Contact Number. Just be sure that when you add the Action node, that you have it perform the action on “Associated Child Tickets".

If you need help setting this up. Just DM me and I can try and walk you through it.

@keefe.andrews @daniel.soderlund @BrynCYDEF @ggallaway Do you guys know of an easier way?

Hope this helps. Take care!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

You could do like this ( I keep forgetting that ) 
the WFA need to trigger on the Parent ticket. 

 

 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

You could do like this ( I keep forgetting that ) 
the WFA need to trigger on the Parent ticket. 

 

 

The WFA will executed by the child ticket and the placeholders you use is not from the parent. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I used expression to just trim the placeholder and then added it to a action. Dirty solution

When I did this the second line is blank. 

 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

What I hade to do is to use the expression node to “make” them local placeholders. 

Something like this 
if(1 == 1,’{{placeholder for field in service item}}’,’n/a’) 

Then use {{E1.resault}} in the action node. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Another example 
if('{{ticket.ri_60_cf_etunimi}}' !='','{{ticket.ri_60_cf_etunimi}}','Not available')

Userlevel 1
Badge

It turns out the main issue was having a custom heldesk/portal url that was not able to be referenced, I had to use the original one and use that as the endpoint then everything worked.

Reply