Solved

Inactive Agent Notice for License Removal

• 3 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Inactive Agent Notice for License Removal

Hello FreshService community, 

How are you handling agent adoption and account usage metrics in a large helpdesk environment?

We have several teams joining the platform but there are a few agents who have not signed in over a month and taking up a license. I am looking for an automated way to open a ticket, as a notice to me and them, that they have not logged in for n-days and account will be deactivated soon if no response in n-days.

Currently, this is a manual process can only be found by manually looking at agent last activity date. We cannot pull this data in the new analytics reporting either. 

Feature request worthy or how do you manage this issue?

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 3 October 2022, 17:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @BryceK so there are two fields that you maybe able to use that get returned for an Agent when using the Freshservice API…

“last_active_at” and “last_login_at”. You could look to build an application that runs a report indicating those agents outside those windows you designate.

You also could run an export of your Agent user data from within freshservice and make sure to inlcude the “Last Active On” data field. Then use that CSV as a way to know who to send out an email too, or create a ticket for.

I bet with a little ingenuity you could even use MS Power Automate to automate some of that process.

Hope that helps. Take care.