Question

Knowledge Base - Set URL to Specfic Category

• 26 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Can we change the link behind the Knowledge Base button on the portal home page?  We want it to go to a specific Category when users click into the Knowledge Base.  For instance, we have hidden the “Popular Articles” category from the menu list, but the page still defaults to showing only Popular Articles.

/* hide "Popular Articles" from Home > Solutions page*/
#solutions-category-list > li:nth-child(1)
{
display: none;
}

We want the “User Portal” category to launch as default when clicking Knowledge Base from the home page, so can we take its URL and set the home page Knowledge Base button to that instead?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

This is a multi-part answer:

You can go to:

Admin → Service Desk Rebranding → Customize Support Portal → Layout & pages → Portal pages → Solutions → Solutions home.

From there, remove the highlighted a section:

From there, remove the highlighted option section for the Mobile View (if required to):

This should be helpful, hopefully.

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I’m afraid that didn’t do the trick.  I removed those sections, but it made no change to the user portal.  I refreshed my login and browser cache, too.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Do you have categories and folders ? Or were they simply removed from the screenshot ?

I tried it in my instance in Preview mode and the section was removed, but yes, the list shown to the right was still present. I might try later, but I’d suggest to submit a support case and request assistance for this.

Regards,

Yes, it is possible to change the link behind the Knowledge Base button on the portal home page in Freshservice. To do this, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to "Admin" in Freshservice.
  2. Navigate to "Service Desk Rebranding" and select "Customize Support Portal".
  3. Choose "Layout & pages" and then select "Portal pages".
  4. Locate the "Solutions" section and click on "Solutions home".
  5. Remove or modify the section that corresponds to the "Popular Articles" category to hide it.
  6. If needed, make similar changes in the Mobile View section.
  7. Save the changes.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi.

Do you have categories and folders ? Or were they simply removed from the screenshot ?

I tried it in my instance in Preview mode and the section was removed, but yes, the list shown to the right was still present. I might try later, but I’d suggest to submit a support case and request assistance for this.

Regards,

Yes, the category is “User Portal” and it contains several folders.  We want the User Portal category to default “open” when the user clicks Knowledge Base from the home page, so it would look like below.

Instead of like this:

I have already removed the “popular articles” section from the Solutions Home stylesheet: