Question

Load Balancing Availability

• 4 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

From the picture I provided it shows that load balancing is achievable inside of freshservice, but it seems there is no functionality. Am I overlooking something?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @steveo3140 not sure if this answers your question but you can handle ticket assignments through workflow automators, or enable Round-Robin Ticket assignment to spread out the load indicated in this solution article.

https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/157134

Turning on Round Robin is as easy as toggling the switch for “Automatic Ticket Assignment” on for any groups you would like it managed that way.

Hope that helps some!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@zachary.king  Yeah I am not real interested in a straight round robin system. Its never fair to people who are working on more complicated issues. 

It seems load balancing can only be achieved in freshdesk and not freshservice. I’ve been told it can be done with workflow automations, but I can never get anybody to show me an example on how that can be achieved, and so far, I cannot figure it out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@steveo3140 Totally understand, we don’t currently implement this in our instance so I have not built it out myself but we have a bunch of Freshservice Ninja’s in this community who I bet we could put our brains together and work out a solution. I’ll tag a few of them here. @BrynCYDEF @keefe.andrews @sanofar.allahpichai @ggallaway @adityatawade @daniel.soderlund.

@steveo3140 Do you want to share with the group some of your expectations for a workflow that would meet your needs?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @zachary.king .

Most of my automations revolve around going to specific groups, and from there I would like some groups to have automatic assignment but want to make sure it is weighted assigned. I want the automation to be able to see that it should assign it to the person with the least amount of tickets assigned to them rather than somebody that has 40 tickets assigned to them across all groups. 

Thank you @BrynCYDEF @keefe.andrews @sanofar.allahpichai @ggallaway @adityatawade @daniel.soderlund  Hopefully this is possible, but if it is not I completely understand!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi all - thanks @zachary.king for the inclusion in this interesting puzzle.  @steveo3140 - thanks for the clarification - makes sense not to dogpile onto a single agent just because it’s their turn in the round-robin.

I would say the first question is whether FS has a way of counting all the tickets assigned to an agent (dynamic value) in order to do a comparison across all agents.

Maybe compare running time totals by agent for past 4 hours or 24 hours etc?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@BrynCYDEF That is one way to look at it. I could even settle for just looking inside the group for the number of tickets they own and weighting it off of that. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

this is interesting, hope somebody can help exploring this load balancing :)