Log error: {"code":"access_denied","message":"You are not authorized to perform this action."}

• 5 August 2020
  • 5 replies

I recently added a feature to our company application to allow users to create fresh service tickets through a web page. I use my API key in the request and when testing I was testing as myself and creating tickets locally on my development environment and they were successfully appearing in our fresh service inbox. On production I used the same api key for the following endpoint  /api/v2/tickets and I get the following error.
Log error: {"code":"access_denied","message":"You are not authorized to perform this action."} it also logs the same error when other users are trying to create a ticket.

Just wondering if there is a feature that can be turned on to make this work. OR If I need to be using a different API key or a different plan to allow other users to create tickets from within our application. 

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi James,

Could you please try using the API using the API key of your Production account? If the issue persists, please write to support@freshservice.com so we can take a look.

We will need additional information from your end including the callback URL, JSON payload and the method using which the API key is being passed to further investigate this issue.

Regards,

Sanofar

Team Freshservice

@jmoore_20995 was your web request issue fixed? we are having a similar issue, and seeking for help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@jmoore_20995 was your web request issue fixed? we are having a similar issue, and seeking for help.

Hi, 

You use basic authentication? 

//Daniel 

Badge

Hi Team,

I have setup a trial version of it and was trying to create a ticket using API my API key calling endpoint POST “api/v2/tickets”.

It throws below error:

{

"code": "access_denied",

"message": "You are not authorized to perform this action."

}

Although i am able to get the tickets using the same API key GET  “api/v2/tickets”.

Please help me what permission should i have to create the ticket? I am the Admin of the instance i am using.

Hi Shekhar,

did you manage to resolve this issue?