Managing Custom objects

• 6 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello everyone, 

How do you manage your custom objects? 
Adding, removing and changing records when you get large lists. 

As you can’t sort or filter records. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello everyone, 

How do you manage your custom objects? 
Adding, removing and changing records when you get large lists. 

As you can’t sort or filter records. 

We have to export the custom objects, make changes in either Excel or manipulate the CSV file and then map and re-import back into the custom object. At least this is how I have done some management of the records so far. But I don’t have extraordinarily large objects that I am working with.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

any update on this ? way to managing huge list of custom objects ?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

may i know what list/data needed for custom objects? can you sight sample.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Should we create a feature request? Seems weird that we cannot sort custom objects

Badge +3

it would be great to have the option for custom objects to be almost like a excel sheet that can be shared with agents. 

the need in IT to manage a list / table / excel sheet is probably extremely common

not sure if there is a different way to handle this in freshservice.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks

would like to be able to do this too. it doesn’t fill me with confidence as many of my uploads have stalled.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks

would like to be able to do this too. it doesn’t fill me with confidence as many of my uploads have stalled.

I am working with importing spreadsheets of approx 1000 records and it stalls. So not sure its best way to manage data. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Piling on to this.  I created a custom object to add a list of countries to many of our service catalog items.  When you associate the object to a field, the field doesn’t have any sorting or filtering options, so what you get is the list of records in the reverse order that you uploaded them.  So for me, Zimbabwe is at the top of the list…sigh

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Piling on to this.  I created a custom object to add a list of countries to many of our service catalog items.  When you associate the object to a field, the field doesn’t have any sorting or filtering options, so what you get is the list of records in the reverse order that you uploaded them.  So for me, Zimbabwe is at the top of the list…sigh

Totally agree that FS needs to get some better controls around being able to manage the data in custom objects.  What we have is data that becomes cumbersome to use and manage and therefore to a point becomes useless if it isn’t usable.