Question

Mandate Asset on Change

• 14 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

I would like to have it mandatory to populate a Change ticket with an Asset at a certain status. This is not included in the change lifecycle settings as far as I know. I have instead tried to apply business rules that “Mandate Asset” as indicated in the screenshot but it simply doesn’t work. I can still create and/or edit changes without being asked to populate an asset.

Has anyone encountered this issue or has other ways of achieving this?

I tried to apply the same rule for Tickets. It works for “new” forms but not on “edit” forms.

7 replies

Hi there

You could build a change workflow to take care of this:

Event node: Status changes from X to Y

Condition node: Associated asset is empty

Action: Change status back to X + add a private note explaining the issue

Please keep in mind if you’re looking to trigger this in a status that would then trigger a CAB approval workflow, then it this condition needs to be added into your approval workflow and not in a seperate workflow. You could have the condition “Associated asset is not empty” → YES → “Action to trigger CAB approval”. If “Associated asset is not empty” → NO → “Action to change back to previous status + attach note”.

In this example, status change from Planning to Awaiting Approval would:

• Trigger the CAB approval if the associated asset is not empty
  • Return the ticket into Planning status + attach a note if the assocaited asset is empty

Hope this helps.

Lawrence

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @maghed 

You may follow suggestion given by @Lawrence Pritchard 

Regarding the availability of the business rule for the screens, when you define the Business Rule, you get to set where it executes on, being the default option New Form, but you may set New Form and Edit Form:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Elvis

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks for the suggestion @Lawrence Pritchard 

I would rather avoid using WFA if I can as that is not showing up in the interface (notes are easily missed) and will not be agent friendly in that way.

I have tried all settings @eeha0120 . Nothing works in my instance besides using “New” on Tickets. On Change nothing works. I have put a support ticket on this as well now.

Are the rules working for you @eeha0120 on Change tickets?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Lawrence Pritchard has the right answer. I will say from experience, adding notes and putting the change back to open when it doesn’t meet conditions, doesn’t always work with the users!

As the change firm doesn’t default to notes, they’re often missed! It would be a-lot more helpful to be able to have a pop up! I’ve found my change users to be, fire and forget (Rightly or wrongly). 😅

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

FYI, I’ve reported this to Fresh and they will look in to if there is a bug with regards to that the business rule for “Mandate → Asset” is not executing on edit form.

Will keep you guys updated on any feedback I get on it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Short update on this. There is now a fix implemented so you can now set “Mandate Asset” through business rules. But you need to set the “enforce system-wide” option to true for it to work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Short update on this. There is now a fix implemented so you can now set “Mandate Asset” through business rules. But you need to set the “enforce system-wide” option to true for it to work.

Thank you very much for your update.