Question

Microsoft Active Directory Orchestration Other_Attributes not working

• 15 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi All

I have a rule to create a Active Directory Group from a ticket.

It works fine until i try and get it to also add in the email address via ‘other_attributes’.

When i try it says it ‘successfully’ creates the new Distribution group but it doesn’t.

this is the line of code we are using

-OtherAttributes @{'proxyAddresses'=SMTP:{{ticket.ri_170_cf_email_address_for_new_group}}};'mail'={{ticket.ri_170_cf_email_address_for_new_group}}}

e.g. the placeholder just points to a correct email address

{{ticket.ri_170_cf_email_address_for_new_group} = test.test@tom.com

The fields in AD i am trying to add this email address to is just the email field in the General tab and proxyAddresses in the ‘Attribute Editor’ tab of Active Directory.

I presume i am just doing the formatting wrong but can anyone help?

Tom

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @tomk940 I always first try adding the placeholder as a note to make sure its formatted correctly. Sometimes extra spaces get added or it contains some additional information that isn’t parsed correctly. I would double check that if you haven’t already. That might be why its not adding those fields when making the request.

Just a thought. Take care :)

Badge

Hey @zachary.king, thanks for the thought, I did try just replacing the placeholders with text and it does the same thing :( Its annoying because it gives me a success message but then nothing gets created in AD but if I leave the ‘other_attributes’ field blank then it works fine. It makes it very hard to troubleshoot haha

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hey @zachary.king, thanks for the thought, I did try just replacing the placeholders with text and it does the same thing :( Its annoying because it gives me a success message but then nothing gets created in AD but if I leave the ‘other_attributes’ field blank then it works fine. It makes it very hard to troubleshoot haha

Yeah that can be very frustrating. I would take it to support@freshservice.com and see if it is a bug. Good luck!