Question

Missing description in tickets that are SR

• 4 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi team.

Hope you’re all doing great.

I’m not sure yet what may I have been missing, but I guess I’m not the only one, based on this previous inquiry:

Service Request - Description | Freshworks Community

When a Service Request is created, the ticket itself does not have any description at all.

With the help of, API call / Web hooks, maybe in a Workflow, would it be possible to populate this description or am I totally missing something here ?

Thank you very much in advanced for your suggestions.

Regards,

Elvis.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello, 

You can use API ( Webrequest/webhook) do do it https://api.freshservice.com/v2/#update_ticket_priority

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

This is something i have highlighted too... It is a mandatory field so in my mind should be populated by he system. i would only update the description though through a Webhook when you need to update other fields too. we had a workflow with an API to update the description of a SR every time, but it was just another Workflow running that took time before the team could action the ticket. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

This is something i have highlighted too... It is a mandatory field so in my mind should be populated by he system. i would only update the description though through a Webhook when you need to update other fields too. we had a workflow with an API to update the description of a SR every time, but it was just another Workflow running that took time before the team could action the ticket. 

You can set it not to be mandatory as default and then in an business rule you set it for all agents/requester except the API agent.