Solved

Missing operand expression builder trying to pull start date

• 23 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello,

I am using the Employee Onboarding Module. In my workflow automator, I am trying to pull that start date and set 48 hours before it as the date the ticket is due. 

I was told by Freshservice that I need to use expression builder as so:

I have tried with _iso and without. I asked how that was an expression, and was told they’d submit a ticket for me and that should work.

I tried date(“{{ticket.onboarding_request.actor_1.cf_date_of_joining_iso}}”) and that didn’t work either.

icon

Best answer by Daniel Söderlund 23 May 2023, 09:14

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

It’s strange, my other issue also happened possibly because Freshservice doesn’t work with its own Employee Onboarding Module very easily. I even followed the directions here https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000004100-expression-builder-node and I get either the Invalid return type error or missing an operator error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hmm, 

I checked example the automation that is the Timed event section. 

It looks like this, you need to select datetime for expected out put. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hmm, 

I checked example the automation that is the Timed event section. 

It looks like this, you need to select datetime for expected out put. 

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for taking a crack at this. I just tried this and got same issue.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Oh my, it was a whitespace that was the problem I believe. Now it works with datetime or date. Thanks so much for your help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Now I have no idea. It started again and I changed nothing.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Well here we are two weeks later and FS support has unfortunately been no help. First, I was told to use an expression as above, then an agent told me that was incorrect and to use a web request. I added them as an occasional agent and they added the web request. The due date pulls, but it broke the rest of the automation and formatting, so is useless. Pretty frustrating that I can’t do something as simple as pull a due date and assign it to the ticket from the very onboarding module Freshservice has us use.

Hi,
I’m having a similar issue but I can see from your screenshots that your date format is not ISO.
It should be YYYY-MM-DD to work in FreshService.