Monitoring the orchestration server

• 25 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  • Top Contributor
  • 5 replies

Hello!

Our orchestration server went offline (Orchestration center/orchestration server) and we had some tickets that failed to automatically get fulfilled. Other than looking for failed tickets has anyone found a way to monitor the service programatically ?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

This is my fear! So what I am doing is utilizing System Center Operations Manager to monitor the agent services that run on our Orchestration Servers. That way I am alerted when a service goes down. I plan on then implementing this monitoring into Alert Management in freshservice that will generate at ticket.  Hope that helps! Take care.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

A few weeks back, I was scratching my head over an issue like this where the Orchestration server was working just fine but one of my workflows that used json output stopped working. Turned out, the orch server component needed to be upgraded…..

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’m in contact with support who are looking into it, I will try and update back to here. I checked the service first of all and it was running ok, the IT mentality of turning things off/on struck me and thats when everything started again.

They initially think some errors are being produced that we can monitor for, so we will see.