Moving other departments to Fersahservice

• 29 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Good Morning

We are looking at having other departments outside of IT start to use Freshservice  to capture their support requests.

I was wondering if others have done the same as do you have everyone on the same Freshservice tenant or under different ones?

Do you use a portal or one email address so just rules for multiple email address? 

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

We have recently moved across our GIS Team and Governance & Information Team to FreshService.

They are currently on the same Tenant with IT.

Users use the same IT Portal. 

GIS and Governance & Information have their own Category under Service Requests and their own Service Catalog items.

I have then created custom Objects for each Team that has their catalog Items listed and automatically sets the Category, Sub-Category, Group & Agent.

I have a separate Workflow for each Team that points to their Custom reader and sets all Ticket property fields accordingly.

We no longer accept requests via email, walk-up or phone. We encourage them to log everything through the Portal. Ofcourse there will always be some exceptions.

Hope this helps.

Jim Dumay

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Good Morning

We are looking at having other departments outside of IT start to use Freshservice  to capture their support requests.

I was wondering if others have done the same as do you have everyone on the same Freshservice tenant or under different ones?

Do you use a portal or one email address so just rules for multiple email address? 

This can be done more easily with Workspaces.

Feel free to reach out to me for more info.
We now have 7 Non-IT Workspaces.