Solved

Multiple Ticket Forms

• 15 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Is anyone using third party integrations to enable multiple requester ticket forms?

Use case is to encourage/enforce collection of required data for common cases. 

Example Scenarios

Requester logs case for an email bouncing back - include sent to address and date/time sent.

Requester logs case where an order is fails to integrate to a third party- include order number…

Perhaps even the ability for check boxes to prompt the requester to confirm they have checked common causes (have you checked email address is correct ...)

Regards,

Andrew

icon

Best answer by Daniel Söderlund 15 September 2022, 08:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Is anyone using third party integrations to enable multiple requester ticket forms?

Use case is to encourage/enforce collection of required data for common cases. 

Example Scenarios

Requester logs case for an email bouncing back - include sent to address and date/time sent.

Requester logs case where an order is fails to integrate to a third party- include order number…

Perhaps even the ability for check boxes to prompt the requester to confirm they have checked common causes (have you checked email address is correct ...)

Regards,

Andrew

I assume you know how to use Business Rules for forms? 
You create one ticket form with all your fields for all scenarios and then rules to hide, show, remove options, set mandatory etc. 

//Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I haven’t read about other way to do it

//Daniel 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Daniel,

Thanks, so, err, no, not looked at Business Rules for forms. Definitely will now. Thanks.

Andrew

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Daniel,

Thanks, so, err, no, not looked at Business Rules for forms. Definitely will now. Thanks.

Andrew

It’s powerful, but you draw up a plan with the different scenarios you have. Fields need to be changed for each. You have the option settings be restored if the conditions aren’t meet any longer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Great suggestion @daniel.soderlund. I admit we had created our new ticket form before there was “Business rules for forms” and it already had the original dynamic components for some fields, so the task of taking every possible scenario, adding all those fields, and then creating business rules has overshadowed us really leveraging it to have “Multiple Forms”. Something I plan on enhancing this next year if I can find the bandwidth to so, hahaha 😆

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

If you are an Office 365 enterprise customer you could use the freshservice flow automation integration along with a powerapps app/form to create your own ticket request form. options are pretty limited but is an alternative to using the business rules if you wanted to create a nice customizable form interface with whatever logic you want built in. 

Freshservice - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Wouldn’t you just create different service requests which allow you to customize whatever required fields that are needed for that topic?