Question

New employee service request automations - wait for manual confirmation by agent

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi

New customer of Freshservice here. I have query with regards Service Requests. I have setup a service request for new user onboarding which is backed by an workflow automation to setup the user in AD, add to security groups and do a bunch of other cool stuff. Works well. The success of this process relies on accurate information being input by the requester (HR) filling out the service request form. Is there a way that the automations are not started until a member of the IT dept checks the service request first and then ticks a box for example to confirm they are happy for automation to be kicked off?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @mythumbsclick, you could leverage the Employee Onboarding Module in freshservice, and add the IT department as a stakeholder, requiring them to validate and/or add to the form. Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@mythumbsclick I recommend following @zachary.king because he is a Freshservice Ninja and you will certainly learn from him. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @mythumbsclick, you could leverage the Employee Onboarding Module in freshservice, and add the IT department as a stakeholder, requiring them to validate and/or add to the form. Hope this helps!

I haven't looked at the Employee Onboarding Module yet. Will get to it! Thanks.

@mythumbsclick I recommend following @zachary.king because he is a Freshservice Ninja and you will certainly learn from him. 

Done!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @mythumbsclick, you could leverage the Employee Onboarding Module in freshservice, and add the IT department as a stakeholder, requiring them to validate and/or add to the form. Hope this helps!

I haven't looked at the Employee Onboarding Module yet. Will get to it! Thanks.

@mythumbsclick I recommend following @zachary.king because he is a Freshservice Ninja and you will certainly learn from him. 

Done!

@mythumbsclick  This is a good place to start https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/239003-employee-onboarding-in-freshservice

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @mythumbsclick - you can’t go wrong following @zachary.king advice!  😁

On our instance, we set up a Custom Object called Internal SR Approvers where each SR has a corresponding staff member as Approver and, once approved via Workflow, an Agent that gets assigned to the SR ticket.

Here’s the canvas for the workflow that gets triggered when one of the SRs.

HTH

Bryn 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @mythumbsclick - you can’t go wrong following @zachary.king advice!  😁

On our instance, we set up a Custom Object called Internal SR Approvers where each SR has a corresponding staff member as Approver and, once approved via Workflow, an Agent that gets assigned to the SR ticket.

Here’s the canvas for the workflow that gets triggered when one of the SRs.

HTH

Bryn 

@BrynCYDEF This is a very elegant solution, and is perfect for scaling purposes. Great job!!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I have been playing with the Employee Onboarding Module. The bulk employee onboarding feature is going to be massive for us in particular when onboarding acquisitions so that has made my day :)

With regards @zachary.king your comment - I have added IT as a Stakeholder. I cant really see how free-typing IT into the Stake holder wizard is tied to an email address. Does this need to match the IT Department in the departments admin section?

Also, is it possible for a stakeholder to deny the request? I can see with line managers there is an option to approve and submit but no option to deny.