Solved

New Freshservice Implementation

• 27 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello,

We are getting ready to implement Freshservice as our internal ticketing platform. We’ve purchased the gold implementation package. What would you do different if you were starting over? Do you have any suggestions on what to do or what to avoid?

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 27 September 2022, 18:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

My biggest piece of advice is make sure you have “One Source of Truth” for all your user data. Since requesters can be created in freshservice simply by having an email sent to your support email address using an email address that doesn’t already exist for a requester, it can get out of hand fairly quickly. So I would suggest making sure you either whitelist only the email domains that you want emailing your service desk, or make sure you have practices in place to manage your user data.

Best of luck with your implementation. Freshservice is powerful, so be sure to come back and reference this community as you build out your service desk. A wealth of knowledge here :)

Take care.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

HI Michael.

As Zachary mentions, FreshService is really powerful.

Just wondering: You mentioned: ticketing system. Maybe FreshDesk is the one you need. I understand you already purchased FreshService, but it may be worth to compare both and check which one really meet your needs.

Going back to your initial inquiry: Please ensure to properly set up your email templates: Using [#TTT-NNNN] in every notification is really important, so you don’t get new tickets created when your requesters reply via email.

Sincerely,

Elvis.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Going back to your initial inquiry: Please ensure to properly set up your email templates: Using [#TTT-NNNN] in every notification is really important, so you don’t get new tickets created when your requesters reply via email.

@eeha0120 This is a great tip and something we’ve been experiencing lately.  When you refer to “every notification” is this for all the email notifications that are listed under the Tickets section in Admin > Email Notifications?

Hi.

Yes, exactly.

In Admin - General Settings - Email Notifications - Tab Tickets:

Basically yes, depending on your needs, you would need to set that in all your notifications.

The most important ones are the reply template, which will be the one used when your agents reply, to which customers will reply, and the Requester templates, which your requesters may also respond to but yes, do on all, so any other update can be easily properly added to the corresponding ticket.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Elvis

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@eeha0120 This is a great tip and something we’ve been experiencing lately.  When you refer to “every notification” is this for all the email notifications that are listed under the Tickets section in Admin > Email Notifications?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you @eeha0120!

I think we have the ticket # in the subject right now, but I don’t believe it’s in the correct format - so this definitely helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @ateker .

I hope that helped.

In order to further clarify for the community:

Freshservice works in a way that for every incoming ticket via email, the the following things are checked to understand whether the email is a reply to an already existing ticket.

A
1. Ticket ID - Format must be [#INC-123]
and an additional check is:

B
if the sender's address is one of the following:
1. Requester's email address
2. ALL Agent's email address
3. Email address(es) in the CC
4. Email address(es) to which the ticket was forwarded

For the email to be threaded the condition is:
(A1) AND (B1 OR B2 OR B3 OR B4) 

Regards.
Badge +6

I made a testy ticket now,

2> Sent a reply inside ticket

3> it reflect to group mail (Gmail)

4>>reply to email (requester reply)

5» the reply wont reflect to ticket ????
I need this reply to reflect.