Number being changed in custom number field on assets

• 23 June 2017
  • 3 replies

I spent a bit of time entering SIM ID information on our managed hotspots which we track in with FS Asset Management.  This morning I checked out one of the quick reports I setup and I noticed that every single number in this field, for each device was changed to this seemingly random number.

This is 100% reproducible in our database.  Add a number field to an asset and enter a SIM length number, for instance 89148000003477777742 upon updating/saving will be changed to 9223372036854775807.  It happened on all ~40 records.

How should I proceed?

Thank you

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Hi John,

Thanks for reporting this scenario.

We could recreate this on our end.I have created this as a ticket and have passed this on to our Product team to address this concern soon.

We will keep you updated on ticket as well as on the forum.

Maljeev

OP, would you feel comfortable sharing the steps to reproduce this? I'd like to see if my environment is effected as well.

If not, I understand, worth a shot.

Thanks.

Hi John,

Looks like 9223372036854775807 is the maximum value that can be set for a 64 bit integer type number fields in the product and since you are using a bigger number than that, it automatically reverts to the maximum value.

Looking at your usecase (entering SIM ID information), i guess you may not need any calculations to be performed on this and hence may i request you to use a text field for entering the SIM ID information.Let me know if this doesn't look like a good solution.

At the same time, we also understand that this scenario should have been gracefully handled with a message while you were trying to save the value, which should have saved you a lot of time and we are planning to do that soon.

Regards,

Maljeev Rafi