Question

on-call schedules

• 9 May 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Let me first say I really like this module and has been a cool feature.  A few more tweaks and it would be top notch.

So, the responder tab is nice where other groups can be notified easily.  Downfall is that you cannot do it on the mobile app where quick actions take place most of the time for us at least.  It also leaves a gap in who owns the ticket because the second acknowledgement takes no action on the ticket like the first assignee assignment.

We also setup custom emails within Fresh to accept tickets.  Our voicemail system emails a copy of the transcribed message to create a ticket, and workflow parses it to elevate to on-call.  We have two functions to the help desk for receiving/routing the ticket that has a metric and another function  to address it.  So, two tickets are created for the distinct function (only one group can be added to a ticket).  You would probably suggest to create a child ticket but once again that is not an option on the mobile app (once again, the place I would think on-calls are addressed in most cases by nature).  Enhance the app to generate a new request inheriting properties of parent.  Or, go back to the internal email part that allows forwarding a response to the master ticket to an email address internally in FreshService and we use workflow to routeit for the next group on-call.  Acknowledging the same request when staff are limited from changing groups unless a manager doesn't allow re-routes easily.  And once again, metrics for both groups cannot be measured.  I mostly like the same child ticket creation to be added in the mobile app as with the web app that isn't there, second would be the forward to internal FreshService email with workflow applied to an email accepted ticket.

Anybody else out there using and thoughts on these processes...

0 replies

Join the Community or User Group to Participate in this Discussion