Question

Onboarding - share information between tickets

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello, 

I have a customer that uses the onboard module and works fine but they have issue where departments are depending on each others. 

I know you can setup predecessor ticket but some tickets are depending on 2 predecessor tickets. 
Example: First group creates a User sign in ID second group creates phone number. There a ticket that is successor to the first ticket(Create user sign in ID) to enable OTP but they need the phone number and User ID. The customer has custom ticket fields to share data between tickets but can only done to parent via API or successor via Action node. 

Don’t want to set the ID ticket successor to the Phone numer ticket. 

Any ideas on this ? 

//Daniel 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @daniel.soderlund - thank you for your query. We’ll have someone from our team get back to you. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @daniel.soderlund ,

Hope you are well, Apologies for the delay in reaching out to you.

I understood the use-case thoroughly but I’m afraid I couldn’t come with something good on this, the only way I think would be to use API via Parent Ticket. Apologies as I wasn’t of much help here. If we had a way to pass the data from 1 ticket to another(sibling)tickets which are linked to 1 parent, It would be useful here. Perhaps this can be taken as a Feature Request. If you could raise a ticket with us on this. We can have this taken as a Feature Request and based on the number of requests we receive and technical feasibility of this request. We can align this to our Roadmap.

Thanks for elaborating your use-case. Perhaps if others have a better solution or a way to have this implemented. We are open to answers. Have a great week!😀