Solved

Parent-Child - Getting service item fields from parent SR into child SRs

• 2 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We have a few Service Item bundles that collect a lot of data, and the additional items are separate child tickets that track work related to processing/validating the parent ticket.  We would very much like to copy all visible fields from the Service Item in the parent as a note to all the children.  I initially thought that I could use an Expression in an automator that processes the parent ticket to use the trim function to store data from the all visible fields placeholder, which I would then place into a subsequent action as a note to associated child tickets.  However, when I test it out, in the Activities I see that the expression step fails.  Any ideas how I can achieve this?  The form has a LOT of fields and conditions so as it is on the parent ticket I add a note of just the visible fields because it’s much easier for the agents to read than the reading the Service Item.  

icon

Best answer by eeha0120 7 June 2023, 07:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

As you are currently adding the information in a Note in the Parent ticket, you may try considering the app Parent-Child Synchronization . It might help you with your use case.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi.

As you are currently adding the information in a Note in the Parent ticket, you may try considering the app Parent-Child Synchronization . It might help you with your use case.

Regards,

We love this application. It works so well with Parent-Child tickets!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I tested this app out in the Sandbox and it worked well, so I’m scheduling to put it into production.  I would the option, whether in automator or the ticket portal, to indicate which notes go to parent or child also, but for now this will work very well.

Thanks Elvis!

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Leonard .

Glad to know it helped.

If you don’t mind, please mark as answered in order to help others with your same inquiry.

Regards,