Portal Customization

We're in the process of migrating from Fresh Desk to Fresh Service.  We spent a significant amount of time customizing the Fresh Desk customer portal and we're doing the same right now with Fresh Service before we go live.

We love hearing what others are doing with their portals.  Do you have any cool or unique portal customization ideas that you are willing to show off?

21 replies

Hi Ken,

We too migrated from Freshdesk to Freshservice. I'm not sure how much customization you're talking about, but you can take a look at our Helpdesk portal and if you notice any specific tweaks you'd like to know more about, you can let me know.

Best,

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth, 

Would love to know how you changed the title and descriptions for the icons on the portal?

thanks, 

James

Sure thing James! Here's where the code can be found: Admin > Helpdesk Rebranding > Customize portal > Layout & pages > Portal pages > Portal home

And what I did to edit the text:

Hope that helps!

Elizabeth

Thanks Elizabeth!

I am a big fan of Wilson Language Training's portal

I am thinking we should have a portal show off contest here in the forums. :)

Hi Elizabeth,

Would you be so kind as to describe how you made your logo to that size please?

Craig,

You mean our header logo? That one was the handiwork of Freshservice folks. 🙂 We liked the scalability of the logo that seemed to be by default in Freshdesk, so I reached out to see how to make that happen in our Freshservice portal.

Here's what they told me to put in the custom stylesheet:

Hope that helps you out!

Best,

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

We're interested in how you made a custom page (Service Catalog) in the customer portal menu and the lefthand service category menu.

Here is a link to our freshdesk.

https://webwizards.freshdesk.com/support/home

Thanks,

Chick

Chick,

The Service Catalog is a default page when using Freshservice. I can see you're using Freshdesk, which is the system we started in before switching to Freshservice. I can imagine it would take a lot of work to create your own page in Freshdesk with something similar (if it's even possible at all).

If it's something you'd really like to have, take a look at Freshservice and see if it would fit your needs. They're both similar platforms and share the same basic functionality, but are catered for much different needs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Elizabeth

Has anyone had any luck with customizing the lower part of the public portal?  I'd like to customize the area shaded yellow:

I'd like to replace the popular solutions with one or two other solution folders so it looks like this:

I ran this by Freshservice support and they indicate it cannot be done, but thought I would ask if anyone else has done anything like this.

Thanks!

Thanks Elizabeth. Been looking at it but not convinced its much better that the original helpdesk.

Ken,

I did some minimal tinkering to see if I could figure out a way to change the area you highlighted yellow, but couldn't see any immediate solution.

Maybe you could help me though. The articles on your page have a print button and I'd love to know how you included that. Thanks!

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

Try this:

<a href="javascript:print();" class="icon-print solution-print-icon" title="{% translate portal.print_title %}"></a>

printicon_19363.png

this is great information, I was wondering if anyone knows how to change the Widgets icon Image?

Hi there, FreshService helped us figure out how to alter the yellow part if folks are still working on that. 

<script>

var custom_recent_items = {

"services": [{

name: "SR- Password Reset",

link: "/support/catalog/items/9"

}, {

name: "SR- Remove ",

link: "/support/catalog/items/52"

}, {

name: "SR- Access Request",

link: "/support/catalog/items/45"

}, {

name: "SR- Scenario",

link: "/support/catalog/items/27"

}],

"solutions": [{

name: "Solution How to Clear 1895 Hardstop",

link: "/support/solutions/articles/3000015090-clear-1895-hard-stop-instructions"

}, {

name: "Solution How to Clear 905 Hardstop",

link: "/support/solutions/articles/3000015084-clear-905-hard-stop-instructions"

}, {

name: "eSign the 1003 (Instructions)",

link: "/solution/articles/3000015243-esign-the-1003-instructions"

}, {

name: "Clear MI Hard Stop (Instructions)",

link: "/solution/articles/3000015147-clear-mi-hard-stop-instructions"

}]

},

services_container = ".popular-services",

solutions_container = ".popular-solutions";

function render_custom_list() {

var custom_sr,

custom_sol;

jQuery(services_container).find("ul li").remove();

jQuery(solutions_container).find("ul li").remove();

jQuery.each(custom_recent_items["services"], function(_i, _e) {

custom_sr = "<li><i class='icon-ticket pull-left'></i><a href='" + _e.link + "'><span class='pull-left text-ellipsis'>" + _e.name + "</span><span class='pull-right toggledisplay'>Request</span></a></li>";

jQuery(services_container).find("ul").append(jQuery(custom_sr));

});

jQuery.each(custom_recent_items["solutions"], function(_i, _e) {

custom_sol = "<li><i class='icon-file2'></i><span class='text-ellipsis'><a href='" + _e.link + "'>" + _e.name + "</a></span></li>";

jQuery(solutions_container).find("ul").append(jQuery(custom_sol));

});

}

jQuery(document).ready(render_custom_list);

</script>

Hi, 

I was wondering if it's possible to move our Service Catalog items wherever we need them and not rely on just the Alphabetic order they are listed as.

Currently, we just put a number 1., 2. , 3. ... to achieve the order we want them in but would be nice to be able to just drag them where we need them.

@kenHow did you customize the jmenu panel (header menu) - I would like to remove the "Service Catalog" option altogether. Will greatly appreciate your insights.

@kavitha.s

Did you find out how to remove 'service catalog' from the action menu?

Badge +1

This seems like a definitely necessary piece that is missing from the first two tiers...

@ChaseKetchum,

For
disabling the Service Request icon

Navigate
to Admin>Helpdesk Rebranding>Portal Customization. Under Layout &
Pages, in the Page Layout tile, at the end of the script paste the below
script (along with <script>).

<script>

jQuery(".page-tabs a:nth-child(4)").hide();

jQuery('.popular-services').remove();

</script>​

@Chase