Question

Portal: Rename Service Request

• 30 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

My users are totally confused about the difference between “Report an Issue” and “Request a Service” on our portal.

We want our users to ONLY use Request a Service for IT Requisition items and NOT to report an problem with a piece of hardware they already have.

How can I customize/rename the Request a Service section card? I’ve reviewed the customization and all I can find is the HTML below. How do I adjust the card data behind this?

What I specifically want to achieve is to rename “Service Request” with “IT Requisition” and change the text from “Raise a request for a new device, software or service” to “Create a requisition for IT devices, software or services.”

<section id="cards-banner" class="banner-{{cards.length}}">

{{#each cards}}
    <a href="{{url}}" class="card" {{#if external_image}} target="_blank" {{/if}}>
    {{image src=img alt="" role="presentation" class="elem-inline-mid" }}

<div class="elem-inline-mid">
        <h3>{{title}}
        {{#if external_image}}
            {{image src="/images/portal_v2/open-in-new-tab.svg" alt=(translate "portal.aria.external") class="external-link"}}
        {{/if}}
        </h3>
        <p>{{content}}</p>
      </div>
    </a>
  {{/each}}

</section>

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@SprintTransport_Dave 

Try this in page lay out

<script>
setTimeout(function() {
jQuery('#cards-banner :nth-child(3)').find('h3').text("IT Requisition").change();
jQuery('#cards-banner :nth-child(3)').find('p').text("Raise a request for a new device, software or service” to “Create a requisition for IT devices, software or services.").change();
}, 300);
</script>

Badge

YES! that worked. thank you.