Question

Post XML using Web Request Node

• 26 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Dear Fresh Community,

I am working on an integration with our Jamf Pro environment, but am running into a road block I’m hoping someone can help me with.  I’m calling an API which only accepts XML when doing a put method.  The Web Request node only appears to allow you to use JSON.  Has anyone done something similar where you’re submitting xml to an API through the Web Request node?

Thanks,

Andy

3 replies

@adhuston  have you received any update regarding this yet? We are in a similar boat now with talking with Azure storage queue which requires content-type = text/xml for the payload but can’t seem to find any method of being able to send body as anything else besides json. 

Badge

I ended up opening a support request on the behavior.  I was told that the web request node only supports the use of JSON.  I asked for a product improvement be submitted for the ability to use XML instead of JSON, but haven’t heard back since doing that.  I’d suggest opening a product improvement request on this.  Maybe the more requests we get the more likely Fresh will be to adding the functionality. 

Thanks for the update.

I going to reach out to support today after exploring using webhooks as well since I noticed webhooks do allow us to select which way it is encoded. I am not too familiar with webhook inside of an action verses a webrequest so I need to poke around somemore to see if we can perform a condition after a webhook is sent out. There documentation does mention webhooks will try again 4 times within an hour at different time intervals based on status codes but they didn’t mention anything on being able to read those status codes ourselves. https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/157143