Question

Prevent a ticket created email using workflow

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

Is it possible to prevent users to receive emails when a workflow is closing a ticket from a specific category or specific service request?

I know its possible to skip new ticket email notifications, but is it possible to skip ticket close email notifications too?
I doesn’t found anything related to this in the actions.

Thank you, 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @maxlehot1234 I do not believe this something that you would be able to accomplish if you are relying on the built in Email Notifications. You could disable those and then use workflow to handle email notifications, then you would have the ability to isolate them on any condition you set forth. Hope that helps some. Take care!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

“ You could disable those and then use workflow to handle email notifications, then you would have the ability to isolate them on any condition you set forth. “

This is exactly how we handle this situation where we want more control over the emails sent from the system.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@ggallaway @zachary.king 
Yeah, but do you know the good way to do it?
If I disable the close ticket email notification for example, how I can force it to be enabled for everything except a specific category or specific Service Requests?
Because there is noting in the workflow that allow me to send the close ticket email notification. Only skip the created email notification action

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@maxlehot1234 You would initiate the workflow on the status change to closed, add a conditional block that checks for that category or service request, if it is one of those nothing happens if not, then you send an email to the requester and just generate the email template to match what the system uses as a template. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thanks, I just create the workflow and seems to work great for the close email notification. I will do some test in 2 weeks when all the business is close :)
Thanks for your time @ggallaway and @zachary.king 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

No problem @maxlehot1234, glad you got it working. Let us know if you need anything else.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@zachary.king Hi, sorry for the tag.

I realize something bad right now with the fact that I send emrail to requester using workflow….

If I solved the ticket and the user reply to say thanks (for example), I need to resolved the ticket again since we block the close option in our environment for multiple reasons. Each time I put the status “resolved” on a ticket send a new email to the requester.

Is it possible to add a condition in workflow to prevent that?
Maybe with API request or something else that will check in activities if a resolved email has been already send?

Thank you so much, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @maxlehot1234 sounds like you need to implement the “Thank you” detector portion in your workflow to prevent those types of email responses from requesters re-opening your tickets.

Here is the solution article for building this https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000000064-manage-reopening-of-resolved-closed-tickets-with-thank-you-detector

We use this and it has a success rating of about 85-90% of not re-opening tickets when a requester is just thanking us.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thank you to the community based on this post, this is something I would not have known about unless it was posted here. I implemented the REOPEN workflow as in the article Zach posted and works much better than the default reopen workflow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thank you to the community based on this post, this is something I would not have known about unless it was posted here. I implemented the REOPEN workflow as in the article Zach posted and works much better than the default reopen workflow.

This is what the community is all about!!! Glad that you were able to get it to work and solve a problem that, I am sure, we all have faced.