Solved

Question about workflow : Placeholder Item Description

• 21 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Team,

Just want to ask if I can add/have an unlisted placeholder for my workflow?

I have created a workflow for  SR - hardware provisioning where it should send an email notification once a ticket has been resolved or approved with details such as item name, cost and description. However, the only available selections are the item name and cost? I also, tried to use 'all the fields', but still no description and don't like to have other fields displayed except for the 3 (item name, cost, description).

How can I get the description of the service item like this?

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 21 February 2022, 16:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Raymond,

You can insert and use the custom fields of your Service Request (hardware provisioning ) by finding the name of Item in the highlighted field below : if your Item is “hardware Provisioning”, all the custom fields of your SR will display and you could use it in your notifications and/or workflows.

As I know, it is possible to exploit the “Description” field of the Item itself, as the placeholder does not exist, so you cannot add it to your notification. 

Hav a nice day !

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks mfedele. However i have a lot of hardware SR. It is tedious to have condition block per SR item. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks mfedele. However i have a lot of hardware SR. It is tedious to have condition block per SR item. 

Maybe i did not understand your need in your first post ? … or maybe my answer was not clear

you can add placeholders description from each Item :

If it is tedious for you to modify all your workflows and I understand (we manage around 70 kind of devices in hardware Provisoning) you can use Custom Objects to do it simply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@raymondcanilao I have to agree with @mfedele. Custom Objects is the way to go to save some time with updating workflows! 

Here is some documentation on them

https://support.freshservice.com/support/solutions/articles/50000003817-lookups-to-custom-objects