I’m new to Freshservice and I have been trying to get a full end to end workflow to do automatic release deployment based on the change management window.
I can get the release to deploy if I login as an agent and just change the status and trigger an event, but ideally I want it all to be automated and have it triggered based on the change window condition = true.
What I’m hoping to achieve, not sure if this is possible:
- Change request is created
- Change request is approved, planned start date = Mon 2:00pm (example)
- A release is mapped to change request above
- A scheduler is looking for changes meeting the condition above
- Change condition (planned start date) = Mon 2:00pm
- Change event triggers a release deployment
- Release has an automation webhook to post to an api
- Deploys release
- Api returns response
- Closes ticket and sends a notification to the operator that the change was a success
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the Freshworks Kudumba.
Are you looking to automatically create a new Release# when a Change Window is opened up?
We can use a Workflow Automator (triggered by a Change Update) which would POST a webhook to create a new Release.
But if I'm not mistaken, you are not only looking to create this Release but also to trigger a webhook based on the Current Date and the Maintenance Window overlapping.
Currently, we do not have system/date function(s) in our Workflow Automator that can be used as a trigger/condition for this webhook.
As noted by you, we currently only have listeners that look for Manual Updates to a Release and even System updates to a Release (Example: via another workflow) will not act as triggers.
Due to this limitation, You would have to manually trigger an update to the Release (I'm thinking a Status Change) either via the UI or via an API call to trigger the Release workflow.
Please do reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help with setting up the workflows.