Solved

Reporting changes and missing options

• 13 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi

So i noticed recently some things have been changed in the anayltics area and i am wondering if there are any guides or where things have been moved to as this is causing me some complications. One major one is that when you click a report and view underlying data you use to be able to click on a cog in the top right of the underlying data and pull the fields i wanted like ID and so on but now i just get some default fields such as child ticket which i don’t need to see. Is this bugged or has the settings/cog been removed. 

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 13 September 2022, 16:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@MartinDG you are correct! Here is to hoping that they add the ability to edit the underlying data columns when viewing it in the data screen.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I think i’ve figured out what my issue was and it is that i use to be able to click underlying data and it would bring the underlying data up at the bottom of the screen like in your image. If i do that now and this is in edit mode it brings up a large table screen but you cannot change any fields

But if i click on the top right icon on the right to expand the widget it will then give me the underlying data beneath the large expanded widget and i can then get the cog so i can choose the fields. It seems i can only get the cog now by having widgets expanded in edit mode I’m fairly sure though it was not like this before. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@MartinDG I think I figured it out…not elegant for sure. But if you want the cog and the ability to change the visible fields in the underlying data spreadsheet then you need to view the metric in the report while in “Editing” mode. If you click “Edit” in the top right hand corner of a report, then click a metric you can then find the underlying data at the bottom and make changes to what data is visible.

Would be nice if we could do this on the fly for each metric from the displayed report. I assume the thought process is that if you want to change the visible underlying data fields than you would be “Editing” the report.

Take care!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello @MartinDG, I don’t think this is a bug. I am seeing the same thing. Not being able to indicate what fields you want as part of the underlying data is a major oversight in my opinion. Lets see if we can get this in front of the product teams. @sanofar.allahpichai can you look into why this changed for us?

Here is what changed for Analytics last month

https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000004791-what%E2%80%99s-changing-in-analytics-the-all-new-report-builder-experience?_gl=1*mkf8y*_ga*NTUwMDcxNzI0LjE2NjE0NDA3NjE.*_ga_5S1FBQDGB1*MTY2MzA3NzEwNS4yMTkuMS4xNjYzMDc3MzU3LjU2LjAuMA..

Hope that helps

Thanks for confirming. I used this regularly as sometimes the data pulled maybe does not always add up so using the cog to specify the info in the underlying data helped me identify tickets and information that needed to be looked at. Strangely if i go to older reports i can see some detail i had already defined before but obviously can’t change it to filter the fields i need. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @MartinDG, I don’t think this is a bug. I am seeing the same thing. Not being able to indicate what fields you want as part of the underlying data is a major oversight in my opinion. Lets see if we can get this in front of the product teams. @sanofar.allahpichai can you look into why this changed for us?

Here is what changed for Analytics last month

https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000004791-what%E2%80%99s-changing-in-analytics-the-all-new-report-builder-experience?_gl=1*mkf8y*_ga*NTUwMDcxNzI0LjE2NjE0NDA3NjE.*_ga_5S1FBQDGB1*MTY2MzA3NzEwNS4yMTkuMS4xNjYzMDc3MzU3LjU2LjAuMA..

Hope that helps