Question

Route Tickets Between 2 Freshservice Instances

• 9 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

Can someone help me understand how to build routing between two Freshservice instances (accounts).  We want to be able to create a way that moves a ticket to our non IT Support Instance if we move the ticket to a particular group.

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @ITSpace there currently is not an integration that allows you to route tickets between instances of freshservice. But you could use the Freshservice API and workflow automators to generate a duplicate ticket in the second instance as long as you have an Agent API Key with permissions to create tickets in the second instance. This would most likely be the best way with the current functionality. Hope that helps. Take care!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, that would be the goal. I’m new to this so let me see what I can figure out.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thanks, that would be the goal. I’m new to this so let me see what I can figure out.  

Don’t be afraid to reach out to us here to help you with any questions you have. There is a lot of workflow automation experience across this Community! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Okay, can see if anyone has done this before.  Overall Goal:  

If ticket on FreshService instance (account) A is moved or created to a Group A, then create a ticket on Freshservice instance (Account) B for Group A.  

I guess I could do it through email, but API would be cleaner.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi there, 

If you have issues reported multiple times, by members of the same team, you can merge two tickets on Freshservice. To do so, you need to decide which ticket is going to be the primary one. Then press on More in the top-right corner and pick Merge from the drop-down menu. After that, select the tickets you need to merge from the drop list. Afterward, pick the primary ticket and click Continue. On the new page, ensure that the changes are correct. Hit Confirm to merge tickets.

If this option doesn’t meet your needs, you can simply merge two Freshservice accounts and map all fields between each other. Open an automated migration app. Then select both Freshsservice accounts as your source and target platforms. Just ensure that you fill in the correct URL and API Token. Then select the records to import and map fields.

For more details, check this out.

Best regards

Tetiana

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Okay, can see if anyone has done this before.  Overall Goal:  

If ticket on FreshService instance (account) A is moved or created to a Group A, then create a ticket on Freshservice instance (Account) B for Group A.  

I guess I could do it through email, but API would be cleaner.  

That seems pretty straight forward and would work. Some thing you will need to look at is making sure that you have all the relevant ticket properties and their IDs from Account B so that you can build the API Request body appropriately. Then you can use placeholders that grab data from the ticket in Account A and populate that data in the correct IDed fields in the ticket for Account B. Hope that makes sense lol