Solved

Run automation workflow on specific date?

• 22 February 2022
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Is it possible to somehow trigger a workflow to run on a specific date that the requester selects in the ticket/form? Like an End- or start date for an employee?

icon

Best answer by rajagopal.baladhandayutham 10 March 2022, 10:30

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Matt H, this is a great question. I would also like to know if this is possible. I have not been able to figure out a straightforward way to make this happen. Couldn’t access any date/time fields in workflow automator’s conditional blocks for requested service items. I bet I could get it done with some third party integrations like Microsoft Power Automate but that is a lot of leg work. 

Let’s ask the experts! @sanofar.allahpichai

Badge

Anyone able to integrate power-automate workflow? If so, can I get some instructions to it please. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@Matt H and @zachary.king Our product team is working on time based automations within workflow automators. Your use cases should be possible once this is rolled out. Posting a few mocks shared by our Product Manager @vishal.abraham 

Timer Node: Adds a time delay between 2 workflow nodes. Time delays can be based on both calendar and business hours.

Scheduled Workflows: Workflows that run on a schedule and process records based on the conditions specified.

Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Matt H and @zachary.king Our product team is working on time based automations within workflow automators. Your use cases should be possible once this is rolled out. Posting a few mocks shared by our Product Manager @vishal.abraham 

Timer Node: Adds a time delay between 2 workflow nodes. Time delays can be based on both calendar and business hours.

Scheduled Workflows: Workflows that run on a schedule and process records based on the conditions specified.

Thanks.

So are you saying I’m supposed to be able to do this now or when is it expected to be rolled out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@rajagopal.baladhandayutham This is exactly what we are looking for, excited to see this feature. Hopefully real soon. Going to be a great addition to Employee Onboarding as well!!!

Thanks for the heads up

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@Matt H This should be available when the feature is rolled out. Our team is targeting a release for this in the next 3 months time, however things might get changed due to any unforeseen issues during final stages of testing. We’ll keep the post updated as and when we get any updates on this.

Thanks

Hello there @rajagopal.baladhandayutham,

This is great to see that time based automations will be coming soon! Please can I ask if in the future it will be possible to change the due date and Task due date via time based automations?

For example, if a service request has a date field, then can you use this field’s data to change the due date for the ticket.

Or if a task is created via Automator, the date field data can be used as the “due by” 

As a bonus, would be great if you can do a bit of maths to the due dates, ie: {{ticket.service_request_item_names}}{{ticket.ri_45_cf_time_to_be_actioned}} + 8 hours or something like that

Many thanks

Adam

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello there @rajagopal.baladhandayutham,

This is great to see that time based automations will be coming soon! Please can I ask if in the future it will be possible to change the due date and Task due date via time based automations?

For example, if a service request has a date field, then can you use this field’s data to change the due date for the ticket.

Or if a task is created via Automator, the date field data can be used as the “due by” 

As a bonus, would be great if you can do a bit of maths to the due dates, ie: {{ticket.service_request_item_names}}{{ticket.ri_45_cf_time_to_be_actioned}} + 8 hours or something like that

Many thanks

Adam

Adam, if you are not afraid of a little API you can do both of these things today. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Matt H and @zachary.king Our product team is working on time based automations within workflow automators. Your use cases should be possible once this is rolled out. Posting a few mocks shared by our Product Manager @vishal.abraham 

Thanks.

@rajagopal.baladhandayutham This is a huge feature.  Thanks for sharing this.  I have a lot of work arounds and hacks to handle this with 3rd party tools.  This will save a lot of time.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@rajagopal.baladhandayutham This is a huge feature.  Thanks for sharing this.  I have a lot of work arounds and hacks to handle this with 3rd party tools.  This will save a lot of time.

Same for us, we have a number of PowerShell scripts and hacky workarounds. This feature will allow us to move more of that into the native tooling making it easier to maintain!

Badge

When this feature will be available?

Will it be available recently?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Any status update on this feature?

Would love to know when this will be available as keen to create timer based closures on tickets.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Would love to know when this will be available as keen to create timer based closures on tickets.

Will it be available recently?

When this feature will be available?

Hi,

It will be possible on July 28th.

2 days to wait to implement lot more things in our workflows easier

Hi there - I see that we have timers available to us in the workflow automation, but I was hoping to be able to call a predefined time/date from a Service Request into the Automator, such that X action happens on Y date/time - is this still on the roadmap? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi there - I see that we have timers available to us in the workflow automation, but I was hoping to be able to call a predefined time/date from a Service Request into the Automator, such that X action happens on Y date/time - is this still on the roadmap? 

Yeah, I check and I want the same, but it’s not possible which is really sad. Calling a date from a form will be insane for employee onboarding or when its time to disable an AD-ACCOUNT without running schedule task on the AD-server as example.

Let’s see what Freshservice will reply to us?

Just circling up on any updates for this - thank you!

We have a need to be able to have a ticket updated to “Open” status on a date specified in a date field within the ticket fields area.  This seems like a simple function that isn’t available.  I’m not certain it would be addressed by the above either functions and is not currently available in product.  Is this function coming?

This would allow us to put tickets to an “On Hold” status until the specified date within each individual ticket.  Once that date occurs, the ticket status would be updated to Open allowing our agents to be able to better manage current requests.

Also throwing in my hat on wanting an update on this feature.

Badge +4

Y’all — please upvote this post: 

The timer app is really great, but requires a static, hard-coded duration. It would be extremely helpful for the timer to accept dynamic values (say a result from expression like, today() - termDate).

Y’all — please upvote this post: 

The timer app is really great, but requires a static, hard-coded duration. It would be extremely helpful for the timer to accept dynamic values (say a result from expression like, today() - termDate).

You can do  this using an expression if this helps.

Then filter that output:

So it will still run every day, it’s just only going to move forward if the difference in days is correct for whatever you set.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I’ve spent the best part of this week trying to work this workflow out! As we want to have scheduled comms for server updates sent 2 weeks before, 2 days before and on the “proposed start date”. 

For this we were looking at using release management but the only thing we can do is delay the comms. so we can log the release exactly 2 weeks before and have it schedule comms, but having a dynamic field would be perfect. Something that fires an action x days before or after a set date field. 

As the other thing we really wanted was the ability to CHANGE this date on the fly. So if we did that the timer i assume would sit in its workflow thats already fired when the ticket was created. And i doubt theres a way to nerf that once its set. 

But if there’s anything else we can use to do this that would be great! As i really want to take that load off the network team and let the system handle timely comms!

Some solution to start on the date heated in the field by the user and run at the end.we need to block and unblock in AD.