Question

Scheduled workflows with approval

I’m trying to create a scheduled workflow that would allow me to request an approval from a manager before continuing through the workflow. For whatever reason the “Send Approval mail to” action item does not appear in scheduled workflows.

Does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds that I can use?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey @WillHarwell, Scheduled Workflows are still in Private Beta and I do not have access to them to check in my own instance. I have reached out to two folks internally to see if this is a limitation to the beta or not. In the meantime, have you submitted a support ticket for this behavior? I tried to find a ticket and assuming you work at ess******* I did not find a ticket. I will follow up soon.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey Will, I confirmed with a Customer Success Engineer that the option is unavailable in their instance. Still trying to confirm the reason, could be unintended. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey Will, I received confirmation that scheduled workflows do not have send approval actions. I would recommend creating a ticket with support so they can capture your use case and relay that to the product team.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

In the short term, you could have a scheduled workflow add a unique tag and have a regular workflow event triggering on an updated ticket using that tag and send the approval email that way.