Solved

Search Field on Community Page Doesn't Work?

• 22 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Is it me, or does the search function in the forums not do anything when you hit enter?  I’ve tried in Chrome and Edge.

icon

Best answer by Preethi S 23 February 2023, 16:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks.  We will work with our networking department to verify any GPO or firewall settings preventing this search.  I appreciate the help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @malokt 

Thank you for reaching out to us!

The search function in the forums are showing desired results. Your issue must have been due to a  network error, please try after refreshing the browser. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hm, it’s still not working for me or any of my 3 co-workers, using any browser (Chrome, Edge or Firefox).  In some cases, pressing enter will work one time, but even then, there are no results, even with a common word like, “requestor.”  Most times, hitting the enter key does nothing at all.

I tried resetting browser to defaults and computer restarts, too.

Is there something else we should be looking for?  I attached a Chrome console log, if that helps ...

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@malokt 

Could you please check to see whether your browser has a redirect blocker installed?
If so, please adjust the settings so that search is enabled.

I've included a screenshot of the search bar below to show that data is loading from it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @malokt, please do let us know if you’re still facing the issue and if there’s anything else we can do to help. Thank you @Preethi S for your prompt help :)