Question

Send resolution comments in the resolution email

• 9 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello,

We want to add the comments from the resolution comments ticket field to the resolution email that is sent to the user when a call is resolved,

How can I achieve this please? We are using freshservice, not fresh desk if that makes a difference

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You can use the placeholder for that field in the Agent resolve template. 

Badge

Thanks for the reply, this is what we currently have, so the placeholder would be {{ticket.resolution_comments}} ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks for the reply, this is what we currently have, so the placeholder would be {{ticket.resolution_comments}} ?

Hello, You can find all ticket fields under the “placeholder” button to the right above the text field. 

I would format the e-mail a bit better but that is me :) 

Badge

Thank you, believe it or not I already looked here a few times before posting this.

Looking again I can see the resolution comments placeholder.

Thank you!

Badge +3

Hello, 

I have a question , i want to trigger an event if a resolution note is added, how can i do that ? 
Thanks in advance :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello, 

I have a question , i want to trigger an event if a resolution note is added, how can i do that ? 
Thanks in advance :) 

Better to start a new post. It’s not the same as this. Not sure if it can be done yet, if you mean the new Resolution tab. 

Customize the resolution email template in Freshservice's admin settings. Add a placeholder for the resolution comments ticket field. Reach out to Freshservice support for assistance if needed.