Solved

Serial number and asset state information disappeared from Assets a month ago

• 30 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello, Community,

I’m wondering if anyone else experienced the same with Dell systems and Assets in Freshservice. About a month ago I noticed that the serial numbers and asset state for most of the Dell systems in Freshservice assets disappeared. 

I promptly opened a support case with Freshservice support, provided them with several logs from FS Agent. I was told a week ago it’s been escalated to Level 2, however they haven’t yet acknowledged the issue exists. We are on Freshservice Estate Classic plan. Freshservice agent version 2.8.0 and I noticed a new version 2.9.0 was released around June 23rd.

Below screenshot illustrates what exactly I refer to. Serial number aka Service Tag is a unique device identifier when dealing with Dell Support. 

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Thanks!

Jiri

icon

Best answer by JiriGrohmann 2 September 2021, 23:00

View original

3 replies

Yes we experiencing the same issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

This turned out to be a data loss of Freshservice assets. FS Support was able to provide us with a backup of lost asset data in a .csv file and I imported the data. This was related to their internal change from API v.1 to v.2. I’m happy this was sorted although the resolution took ~ 4 weeks.

If not already done I suggest you contact FS support. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Jiri,

Yes, as you have mentioned this was due to a breakage in API v1 and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Thanks,

Rajagopal