Service Items Fields

• 17 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

HI Everyone!

We require the following fields on almost every service item:

• Employee ID

Is there a way to like make them “default” fields so that their placeholder ID will be shared among all the service items?

icon

Best answer by Daniel Söderlund 18 July 2022, 16:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello @badettecruise 

You could get them using API https://api.freshservice.com/v2/#view_req_items_of_sr
Then you get the same placeholder for each  SR. 

Sample Usecase- Invoke WebRequest node to fetch ticket details and perform actions based on it. : Freshservice

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Jayesh urath

Thanks for your insight! My apologies for not explaining it clearly. My goal is to create Action Blocks in the workflow automator so that whatever the users input in these 3 fields in the service item, it will automatically pick up those information in the agent’s fields. 

I want this automator to be applied on all service items. Unfortunately, 1 field = 1 placeholder ID, which means that I have to do it on ALL service items. 

Hello @badettecruise could you show us an example? I am struggling to understand the use case. If the goal is to have workflow action blocks do specific things to the Service Request based on the contents of those fields, you should be able to trigger the workflow on “Service Request is raised” and then use conditionals to check if box1 is filled in, if box2 is filled in, and/or box3 is filled in. Then branch off from there. @Jayesh urath idea of keeping a “Template” in draft status to clone from is the easiest way of replicating custom fields that you want across all your Service Requests. Hope that helps, let us know if we are misunderstanding your usecase. Take care!

Userlevel 1
Badge

HI @Jayesh urath

Thanks for your insight! My apologies for not explaining it clearly. My goal is to create Action Blocks in the workflow automator so that whatever the users input in these 3 fields in the service item, it will automatically pick up those information in the agent’s fields. 

I want this automator to be applied on all service items. Unfortunately, 1 field = 1 placeholder ID, which means that I have to do it on ALL service items. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@badettecruise,

I would suggest you create one service item with 

• Employee ID

alone and keep it in draft so that the end users don’t see it, and keep cloning it to make your new service item so that you have it by default.

Cheers
J