Question

Service request Vs incedent

• 14 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

I need to know whats the difference between “Service request Vs incedent VS Ticket” when I create an automate 

2- When I create a service request, I cant find it doesnt reflect in “request type” only what I wrote in request type reflect in “incident” and whatever catalog I careated in service request It wont reflct in the ticket status 
-I want whatever Ticket send from service request like “mobile request” it reflect in request type.
whatever I wrote in request type it appear in incident (I want to add one thing an only in incident like network issue and all other requests like laptop request in service request_and when anyone submit a ticket from service request like mobile request it appear in “request type”)

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi mo, 

The difference is simple

Service Request = Service Request

Incident = Incident

Ticket = Both

It looks like what you want to do is not via a workflow you should be doing it via a business rule… A workflow will happen after a ticket is logged and you wish to show/hide the options before the ticket is logged, this is when you should use business rules. 

We have done something similar here…
We have a custom box called “Query For” with Dropdown for HR and IT.
When “Query for” is IT 
It will set the options for the categories…

In your case you would want something like 
When type is Incident
Set options for Request type (then select your options).

The only thing is i cannot see the option for “type” in business rules.  might be something to speak to your CSM about.

Badge +6

I will check

Badge +6

Report an issue > IT > Laptop replace
Service reqiest > IT > Laptop request

In ticket (request type) only show what i added in "field manager" which all in Reported issues will appear in ticket,
so if anyone raise a ticket from serive reuqest it wont add what he picket in ticket request type _ example if he raise a laptop request 
> request type will be 0
beucase laptop request isnt added in "field manager"

targe is pusing everyone to submit a ticket as service request beucase its more customized I can add whatever friends I want and it will be different from each request.

I tried to use your sulution,

Target is who’ever raise a ticket from Sercie request I want it reflect in ticket fields 

like Laptop requests (from service request )

Badge +1

Hey Mo,

You are right, the category is not assigned automatically based on the service request raised. To make it simple to assign a category to all your service request, you can use a combination of the Workflow Automator and Custom Objects.

You can create an automation that maps Service Requests to Categories using Custom Objects. You might have a default automation called “Service Item Approval/Routing with Custom Objects” in your Workflow Automator that shows you how you can not only assign the Category but also send out approvals if needed. You can read about Custom Objects here: Custom Objects : Freshservice