Question

Setup a delay to wait on webhook in workflow automator

• 16 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

In my workflow, I’m running a webhook to update the ticket description. However, the webhook takes a few minutes to run, and the workflow ends. Is there a way to add a delay?

Activity: 

I also want to confirm that the description of the ticket can’t be updated through any other component in the automator.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello, 

You could add the timer node. 

As far as I know there are no other way to set the description using API in a webook or webrequest. 
Webook is a fire and forget action, I tend to use the webrequest in most cases as waits on a reply from the API and can give you an error if there are any. 

//Daniel 

Thanks for the info. Does the webrequest retry attempts like the webhook does? 

What I remember it doesn’t do it. FW have done changes to the WR node so I don’t know. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello, 

As far as I know there are no other way to set the description using API in a webook or webrequest. 
Webook is a fire and forget action, I tend to use the webrequest in most cases as waits on a reply from the API and can give you an error if there are any. 

//Daniel 

Thanks for the info. Does the webrequest retry attempts like the webhook does? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You just need to know that when your WFA is paused next WFA will trigger if you have more with the same event. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

As Daniel said, the timer node is perfect for this, its pretty much what it seems to be designed for!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello, 

//Daniel