Question

Share a ticket with other group

• 8 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Agents cannot see the tickets assigned to other groups. So, if a ticket is handed over to another group for some tasks, the previous group can’t see the ticket anymore.

Is it possible to share the ticket in order that both groups can still see the changes? Are the Agent Roles the only option that I have, to make this possible?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Agents cannot see the tickets assigned to other groups. So, if a ticket is handed over to another group for some tasks, the previous group can’t see the ticket anymore.

Is it possible to share the ticket in order that both groups can still see the changes? Are the Agent Roles the only option that I have, to make this possible?

You could work with related tickets or tasks. 

With related tickets you can have a app or automation that updates the main ticket with latest changes. 

The assigned agent can see the status of the tasks added to the ticket. 

Other then that you need to work with roles. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @corosc you also could add the agents to the groups as “Observers” this allows them to see the tickets but not be assigned the tickets. The visibility of tickets is usually governed by “Scope”. So you will want to see what the extent of visibility is for your agent roles.

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@zachary.king but that approach means the Observers have access to see ALL tickets that are assigned to the other Agents group for those tickets, correct?  I dont think you can pick and choose which tickets the Observers have access to see updates on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@zachary.king but that approach means the Observers have access to see ALL tickets that are assigned to the other Agents group for those tickets, correct?  I dont think you can pick and choose which tickets the Observers have access to see updates on.

I think when you are assigning an agent role you can give them this level of visibility across the service desk. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@PatrickMurphy I’m sorry I misunderstood your response. Yes you are right, it would carry to all tickets in that group not just tickets they had previously interacted with. That would be tricky to lock down I think.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi everyone, thanks for all the suggestions.

I have tried to work with tasks, the problem here is that the assigned agent is not able to see the assigned task if it’s not in the same group as the agent itself.

As mentioned above the best and only approach is to add the agent as “observer” of the group. The problem here is that observers have access to see ALL tickets that are assigned to the group.

Hopefully an option to share tickets with other groups will be implemented soon. Here’s another discussion about the same topic on the community: Ticket sharing for agents? | Freshworks Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I have tried to work with tasks, the problem here is that the assigned agent is not able to see the assigned task if it’s not in the same group as the agent itself.

As mentioned above the best and only approach is to add the agent as “observer” of the group. The problem here is that observers have access to see ALL tickets that are assigned to the group.

Hopefully an option to share tickets with other groups will be implemented soon. Here’s another discussion about the same topic on the community: Ticket sharing for agents? | Freshworks Community

I just tested with tasks. Agent A is member of Group A , creates a task and assign it to group B and agent B. 

Both Agent A and Agent B can see the task. Even if the task is unassigned Agent B can see it. 
They have the role. 

But you are right a share system like for requester for agents would be better. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just tested with tasks. Agent A is member of Group A , creates a task and assign it to group B and agent B. 

Both Agent A and Agent B can see the task. Even if the task is unassigned Agent B can see it. 
They have the role. 

But you are right a share system like for requester for agents would be better. 

I also just tested it and you are right, it works. But as you mentioned both agents must be observer of the group

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

This might be a similar situation and this is the approach I’ve taken.

Agent A  (me) is in Service Request Fulfillment Group, this is assigned to any service requests as the default group. Then if something errors in the workflow I assign to the HelpDesk Group to review and fix whatever went wrong with the workflow.

Agent B (Bob) is not in the Service Request Fulfillment Group. He has no visibility to SR or tasks in them.

My workflow: Service Request comes in under Service Request Fulfillment Group, it goes through the manager approvals and results in a task generated and assigned to Agent Bob and HelpDesk Group.  Bob is not assigned to the service request just the task. Bob can’t see the service request, just his task.  Bob gets a notification that a task has been assigned to him and Bob can see it in his MyWork schedule.  Any service request information Bob needs to conduct the task is put in the task for him.  

It might be different in what you are trying to do as you are trying to let Bob see the overall ticket/service request. In my case I don’t want Bob to see anything else in the service request including other tasks, he only sees the work assigned to him.

My Reason for this approach: I didn’t do this to be super secret. I did this because Bob kept working service requests that had not been approved yet and completing tasks ahead of them being assigned to him.  Bob kept having to revert his tasks when the approval for the service request was denied.  This was the only way I found to keep Bob from acting until it was ready to be acted upon.