Question

Submission requests not showing under Onboarding Requests?

• 2 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello! I am trying to get the Onboarding form working for our users to use, but I am running into an issue that I would like to resolve before rolling it out. Once someone submits a request, they are directed to the ticket page and a ticket is created in our system. However, it they go to the Main portal home page and click on Onboarding requests, it says “Everyone’s on board!” and it does not show their submission, despite the fact that it is open. However, if they go to https://domainname.freshservice.com/support/employee_onboarding and click on Request in Progress, it shows up there. I think this behavior would be very confusing to our users, so I’d like to know how to resolve it before rolling it out.

How do we make onboarding requests show up on the main portal page?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @WAWPF 

This is the current functionality on Freshservice portal.

Once the requestor submits the request and if there is an approval process involved (before ticket creation) and is pending for approval, then it will show up on home page (bottom) under Onboarding requests.

But if the tickets are already created on helpdesk, then it will not show up on home page and rather the requestor has to go the option Employee onboarding and then check ongoing requests under Request in progress.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @WAWPF 

Once the requestor submits the request and if there is an approval process involved (before ticket creation) and is pending for approval, then it will show up on home page (bottom) under Onboarding requests.

But if the tickets are already created on helpdesk, then it will not show up on home page and rather the requestor has to go the option Employee onboarding and then check ongoing requests under Request in progress.

Okay, so it only shows up if there if approval is needed, otherwise it goes to that other menu, is that correct? Could there be any way to change this behavior? Either by tweaking a setting or by submitting a feature request?

Thanks! :)

Badge +3

I have a similar issue, except that my requesters do not have “Onboarding requests" from their portal page.

The can see the onboarding request IF they have the ticket URL, but they cannot find it in their portal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @WAWPF 

Okay, so it only shows up if there if approval is needed, otherwise it goes to that other menu, is that correct? Could there be any way to change this behavior? Either by tweaking a setting or by submitting a feature request?

Thanks! :)

I haven’t found anyway to do it, the manager/hr can find it if the go to the hamburger menu.