Solved

Supervisor rule change status of ticket but workflow not triggered

• 22 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, we’ve recently begun using Freshservice and at the moment have automation workflows for onboarding and offboarding.

The offboarding workflow is initiated after a requester registers a request through an employee-offboarding form, initially it only disables the user accounts in Google and Azure, but then after 60 days it is supposed to automatically run a second workflow that deletes the accounts. How do we achieve this in the simplest and most proper way?

My colleague that set this up initially says that it previously worked by having a supervisor rule that changed the status of the ticket after a certain amount of time. But that clearly doesn’t work now. The status is changed on the ticket, but the workflow is not triggered. 

icon

Best answer by rajagopal.baladhandayutham 10 March 2022, 10:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi ,

Greetings from Freshservice!

The behavior in Freshservice is such that the output of one automator will not trigger another workflow. Let us assume a automation X and another automation Y. The automation X’s action block will not trigger the event block of the automation Y. This is a behavior of the automation in Freshservice .

If you should have any further queries , please reach out to support@freshservice.com and we will be happy to help you out.

Thanks,

G.Adhitya,

Team Freshservice

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi ,

Greetings from Freshservice!

The behavior in Freshservice is such that the output of one automator will not trigger another workflow. Let us assume a automation X and another automation Y. The automation X’s action block will not trigger the event block of the automation Y. This is a behavior of the automation in Freshservice .

If you should have any further queries , please reach out to support@freshservice.com and we will be happy to help you out.

Thanks,

G.Adhitya,

Team Freshservice

So how can we make a workflow be triggered after a certain amount of time or at a specific date after a ticket has been registrerd? This concerns our offboarding workflow which is split in three steps. First disable the account and clear login sessions etc, then after 60 days we want the accounts in Google and Azure to be automatically deleted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Matt H, I just don’t believe this functionality exists in freshservice yet. But I can join forces with you in requesting the ability to set date/time triggers for workflow automator. My solution so far has been to use Microsoft Power Automate to generate either a ticket that kicks off a workflow or something similar. Might give that a try. Also I would take this functionality request and put it in the Ideas area of the community so we can all upvote it and get it in front of the product team faster. 

Take care!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@Matt H and @zachary.king We’ve updated the post here about Time based automations and have also added a few mocks. Hope this would help you in achieving the above use cases.

Thanks.