Solved

tasks and workflows in FreshService

• 17 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

is there any way to create a workflow that checks if all tasks on a service request are closed and if so, close the ticket?

icon

Best answer by PatrickMurphy 20 October 2022, 15:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

For service requests that have multiple tasks, I setup task automation workflow to check on status change of a task. The tasks are typically ordered task 1 - some description hrough task 7 - some description. Then on task change I have conditions setup for each service request type and if the task title is task 7, action = close ticket.

If I have several service requests with just 1 task I can group them together in the condition statement for the item name and all close after task 1, then it consolidates the workflow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

It’s a great solution that would work if the tasks are completed in order.  For me, there’s no dependencies on the tasks, they can be done in any order at any point in the process.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I agree. I ran into that and solved it by service requests with multiple tasks I ensure that the last one, is a final task even if the task is labeled Task 7 - Verify all work and Close Ticket at least I know that is the stopping point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@PatrickMurphy Awesome solution to this! I like the idea of running conditionals based on the task title, then we can make sure that we are completing all tasks prior to closure of the ticket. We have crossed this issue with agent training, but I am all for automation!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Pictures always sell the idea. Several Condition statements looking at requested items name, then looking for task name, number or resolution.  Automation isnt just for end users but for agent needs as well. A few of our service requests are “easy” buttons for agents. Like to terminate someone we automate that so an agent from anywhere at any time from their phone can terminate a user and cut off access without being at a computer.  Just need their phone.