Question

Teams App of Client Portal?

• 12 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

Hi All,

This is not a question about the ServcieBot for Teams, I’m aware of it and it’s functionality. We already use it and it does what it does pretty well.

What we’re looking to do is for each of our customers, create a Teams App that is basically a wrapper of the specific Client Portal that we have created for them. We can have a channel and add it as a Tab, but we would really prefer to have it as a top level App icon in the left side of their Teams app.  We have SSO with Azure setup for each of our clients that we want to do this for so in theory the experiences should be pretty seamless, again that’s in theory.

Before I go down this path and try out the Teams App Studio for the first time, has anyone else tried this with any success? Does it possibly exist in some form, somewhere that I just haven’t been able to find?

Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi ,

Greetings from Freshservice!

We believe that you are trying to use the Teams App studio integrated with Freshservice which would serve as a progressive web application. At the moment , we support only the Servicebot and the Orchestration application from Microsoft Teams.

However , for clarification on the same , we would suggest you to reach out on the Freshworks Developer community , where someone with relevant expertise would be able to help you out on the same. The link to the developer community can be found here 

Regards,

G.Adhitya

Badge +1

Hi, this question is a year old, but I am trying to accomplish the same thing. Were you ever able to make the client portal work as a top-level Teams app?