Solved

ticket list filters

• 24 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I’m looking at the tickets list and trying to figure out how to filter it either by Subject or if it’s missing a Category.  The options don’t seem to be there.  I can’t sort by Subject or Category either.  The goal would have been to find those tickets which are missing a category and update them, using the Subject to figure out which category is appropriate.

My first response is “Seriously?”  Why are there so many GUI features which are missing?  Some days, working with this platform is extremely frustrating, just sayin’...

I’m curious if anyone else has this challenge, and what kinds of creative workarounds they’ve come up with.

icon

Best answer by JTAVOLARO 25 October 2022, 15:57

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @JTAVOLARO, just for clarity, you can filter tickets by category, but you are right in that you can’t filter by the category being empty.

Have you looked at using Analytics, to pull a report of all the tickets that have the category field as empty? If you do that you should be able to get to the underlying ticket data where you can see the ticket IDs and then update those tickets. To update them in bulk you may have to look at using the Freshservice API to do so.

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Zachary, and thank you for the response.  I figured that approach is how I would have to do it, but I am frustrated that so much of what should be built into the GUI has to be done through API and such.  If I’d known these little things would keep piling up, I might have gone with a different product.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

and how the heck was I able to make my own response a best answer?  

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

and how the heck was I able to make my own response a best answer?  

I just read and refreshed the browser just to double check I noticed this exact matter. 😅

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I feel your pain @JTAVOLARO  - come vote for my idea - lol

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I feel your pain @JTAVOLARO  - come vote for my idea - lol

HI. Thanks for sharing. Already voted. I had pending uploading this as a FR, but I already submitted it as a ticket long ago.

Hope this gets done early. Too bad it only has 8 upvotes so far since 29 days ago.

I guess Ideas don’t get enough exposure, so we need to actually mention them like you @BrynCYDEF just did. I can certainly say: I didn’t receive a notification for your idea when you created it.

So, let’s continue spreading the word with the ideas so they can indeed be developed.

Regards,

Elvis-

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Agreed!  I can’t recall where I stole the idea from (to link to my IDEA) 🤣 but I’m happy to upvote ideas that others want to share links to.  I don’t always think of reviewing the Ideas forum.