Question

Tracking consumables

• 9 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

How are we suppose to track these items? We don’t use ITAM for things like keyboards mice or monitors but we would still like to know who has what. Is there a way to do this?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@KrisC we do use ITAM for tracking accessories like docking stations and monitors. I recall that when you manually track assets they do not consume licenses, only assets that have the fresh service agent installed will consume asset licenses. Hopefully someone at Freshworks can confirm this for us. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@keefe.andrews Yes, That’s right only Discovery Tools installed in the Asset consume Asset Licenses otherwise, There is absolutely no limit on Importing/Manually adding the Assets to Freshservice Inventory.

@KrisC

1)Quick view Requester Assets is one way to see the Assets in the Ticket View Page when a particular Requester raises a concern.

2)The Most reliable one I suggest would to view filter them out as Asset Type and keep a track of.

3)The other way would be by going on their profile and viewing them(This would be tedious) as you’d have to manually go to their Profile and view them.

Not having an issue assigning or viewing assets however the issue is with seeing who was given a consumable. As we make one asset with a quantity, mark it as a consumable. When a service request comes in I can fill the request with out issue but the consumable does not show under the assets tab

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@keefe.andrews  Are you using the built in ITAM with freshservice or a third party?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@KrisC the one built into fresh service 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@KrisC the one built into fresh service 

Ah I am as well. Using the service request feature requires using an asset slot. You can set the asset to a consumable but it does show it was assigned on the requester side. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@keefe.andrews Yes, That’s right only Discovery Tools installed in the Asset consume Asset Licenses otherwise, There is absolutely no limit on Importing/Manually adding the Assets to Freshservice Inventory.

@KrisC 

1)Quick view Requester Assets is one way to see the Assets in the Ticket View Page when a particular Requester raises a concern.

2)The Most reliable one I suggest would to view filter them out as Asset Type and keep a track of.

3)The other way would be by going on their profile and viewing them(This would be tedious) as you’d have to manually go to their Profile and view them.